Welcome and Welcome Back Warriors! 2015-16 is shaping up already to be a fantastic school year. As students settle into their new schedules, here are the highlights for classes:
- The 7th grade team continues their march of excellence with Mr. Tim Buletti, Mrs. Heidi Parks, Mrs. Chris Dearden.
- The 8th grade team shines with Mrs. Natalie Maxwell, Mrs. Krysten Boele, Mrs. Tammy Montgomery, and subbing for Mrs. Collins (maternity leave) is Mrs. Bev Baldwin.
- Mrs. McCollum continues to provide RSP support for special education students as well as teaching intensive English classes.
- Mrs. Boele, Mr. Stoll, and Mr. Hendrix are putting the students through their health/fitness paces in Physical Education
- Mr. James Chance (yearbook), Mr. Rich Vandenack (IT/AG), Mr. Brad Wyman (IT), Mr. Tony Sharp (Art), and Mr. Bruce Weinberger (Choir/band) round out our students' experiences with elective class offerings.
- Mr. Jon Hendrix is back with junior high elective this year in Spanish I for 8th graders. They will be able to jump straight to Spanish II with a B or better in the course.
- Ms. Cortney Walker replaces Mrs. Utecht as our Homework Club and Tutor Center teacher to build study skills
- Mr. Jason Hales joins us at the high school and is bolstering junior high with an English support class.
Our math program will have brand new, shiny books and the classes have a new look as the students work through more complex math problems on their way to mastering the curriculum. There are many supports for them in this endeavor, so remember to email the math teacher if your child is worried or struggling. Overall, the program provides more engaging strategies that we hope draw kids into math and remove some of the math phobias typically seen in struggling students.
Finally, our wonderful office team has shifted just a bit this year. Ms. Sharon Cuevas replaces our well-loved Patti Jones who retired last year. Replacing Sharon at the front desk will be Emily McDivitt- a familiar face to many and a great addition to our team.
As I said- a strong team to support excellence in amazing students. I look forward to watching them all soar this year.
~ Julia Reese